Made to Order Shoes
Our mission is to provide truly comfortable quality footwear by combining the latest technologies with the tradition of generations of bench-crafted footwear. Tauer & Johnson shoes are not just a part of your wardrobe; shoes are an investment in the protection and comfort of your feet. Spend your money wisely and the return will be more value for your dollar, more comfort, better foot health and even a sense that you are helping to protect the environment.
We offer shoes in ALL sizes and ALL widths from AAA to EEEEE.
Our shoes are "kid skin" leather lined (like a fine glove) and cushioned for maximum comfort and quality. All shoes come with "kid skin" leather-lined inserts to provide even more comfort. They are manufactured with extra depth to allow for orthotics of all sizes to be used.
First, we measure each foot using the latest techniques to ensure an appropriate fitting. You will decide your comfort level. We will make the exact fit in accordance with your preference. Once you determine the best fit for you, we are ready to start the process to make a comfortable, customized pair of Tauer & Johnson shoes.
We use computer generated lasts to be the form for your shoes and a computer to cut the pattern of the shoe style you selected. From this point on it is finished by crafts people with perfection. The leather cutter will put a hide on the cutting table and select the right place to lay the pattern. The leather will be cut by hand to enhance the look of the shoe.
The process is finished in the old tradition of patiently molding and forming the leather you selected over the last shape used to measure your feet. All of our shoes are made airport friendly, with fiberglass shanks.
The final product is a bench crafted pair of shoes that will fit each foot in a most comfortable way providing years of walking comfort and style that will make both of us proud!
We proudly put the Tauer & Johnson name on all of our footwear.
Build Your Pair
Building your own pair of Tauer & Johnson shoes is not difficult. It is as easy as 1-2-3. Here's how you make your most comfortable customer shoes:
Choose from one of the collections above:
- Americana - Provides a contemporary look to traditional dress and dress casual styles.
- Italia - The casual “true moc” loafer hand sewn footwear.
- Europa - A wide “toe box” style shoe, popular with people who most value true comfort.
- Golf - Introducing the 1st Goodyear welted handsewn golf shoe, available in two cleat styles.
- Boots - A variety of styles from casual to dress.
Select the leather you prefer to make your shoes match your taste:
- Calf - A soft and supple bovine leather providing durability with great comfort.
- Class - A very high sheen and firm leather for those who prefer a more polished look.
- Cyclone - A durable oil leather most often used in casual footwear.
- Comfort - A soft grained leather typically used in casual footwear.
- Patent - A tuxedo-style leather used for formal occasions.
- American Bison - The rugged look of Bison combines natural durability with extraordinary strength and comfort.
- Italian Deer Skin - Our most comfortable, soft and supple leather from America and tanned in Italy.
- Bison Suede - A stylish, durable and water resistant suede.
- Exotics - Genuine or faux exotics and other natural skins are available upon request.
Select from several styles:
- Leather - We carry only the finest, durable natural leather soles.
- Flex Bar - Flexible, non-skid leather rubber combination soles.
- Rubber - Vibram rubber soles for casual wear.
- Boat - Perfect for use on your boat or any other surface where scuffing is an issue.